Louet Spring II
The Louet Spring II is one of the most innovative floor looms on the market today. It uses a parallel countermarch system for the harnesses and lams, which is easy to use and simple to tie-up.
The patented moving breast beam controlled by springs. and is attached to the loom in such a way that it is free to move toward the harnesses when the shed is opened and then back toward the weaver when the shed is closed. With this system a larger shed can be obtained with less tension increase in the warp and less effort from the weaver. The advantages of this system are especially evident as you near the end of the warp. Even when the end of the warp is very close to the harnesses, a good shed can be made, thus saving yards and yards of wasted warp over the life of your loom.
The moving breast beam also brings on exactly the same warp tension each time the warp is advanced.
- Lacquered Beech construction
- 8 or 12 Shaft Option (10 or 14 Treadles, respectively)
- 10 dent reed
- 600 or 800 texsolv heddles
- 16 Warp Sticks, Tie-up Sticks and Lease Sticks included.
- Friction Brake
- Integrated Raddle
- Storage Shelf
- Additional Reeds
- Louet Bench
- Second Warp Beam
- Sectional Warp Kit
- Extension Set of 4 Shafts to bring loom from 8 to 12 Shafts.
- Spring 90: 34.25" (90cm)
- Spring 110: 43.3" (110cm)
- Spring 90: 47.25 x 37 x 45.25” (120 x 94 x 115 cm)
- Spring 110: 55 x 37 x 45.25" (140 x 94 x 115 cm)
- Spring 90 8 Shaft: 95 lb
- Spring 90 12 Shaft: 107 lb
- Spring 110 8 Shaft: 110 lb
- Spring 110 12 Shaft: 122 lb
This is a special order item. It can be drop shipped directly to you, or picked up from Woolyn. You will be contacted about shipping costs and an estimated shipping date.